The Religio-Philosophical Journal
Prominent American Spiritualistic weekly founded in 1865
in Chicago. Its founder and publisher, Stevens J. Jones, was
murdered in 1877. His son-in-law, Col. J. C. Bundy, assumed
charge. Successive editors were M. E. Bundy, B. F. Underwood,
and T. G. Newan. In the 1890s the Journal moved to San Francisco
and a new series (vols. 34–42) began. The publication of
this long-running periodical ceased on April 22, 1905. It was
superseded briefly by The Mountain Pine (1906–1908).